District of Cond
…is the district to the Moselle river’s right side.
Cond was first mentioned in a document in 857 as “villa Condendunum”. Next to the old village centre, Obercond is an important part of the municipality. Here you can find a vast residential area and the Moselstadion (the local stadium) as well as a leisure centre, a hospital, a shopping centre and the new Moselle bridge. The settlements core is the so called “Siedlung” surrounding Kapellenstraße which dates back to 1926. In that same year, the “Gemeinnütziger Bauverein” was founded in accordance with the “Reichsheimstättengesetz” in order to enable its members to build their own residences. The building of the first bridge crossing the Moselle was just as important for the district’s development. It was inaugurated on the 23rd of January 1927 after two years of construction. With its improved accessibility, the erstwhile viniculture school (established in 1928) as well as the erstwhile tax office (inaugurated in 1929) were built. In 1932, Cochem incorporated the district of Cond.